SOS Annual General Meeting:
This will be held on Monday 12th March in the village hall annex starting at 7.30. The agenda is given below.
It is hard to believe that this will be our eighth AGM since SOS was formed following the public meeting in the village hall on 17th March 2010. Some may remember that occasion when the hall was packed with many unable to gain entry and with the police attending to ensure order. Since then we have engaged in many activities including:
- recruiting over 2,300 members of SOS.
- holding some 24 public meetings.
- distributing 12 leaflets throughout the whole village thanks to our band of willing volunteers,
- taking part in the public enquiry (to our cost!),
- successfully opposing and reducing the cost claim in the High Court,
- several meetings with District planners and speaking at meetings of TDC Planning Committee,
- appearing on Anglia News,
- resolving an issue with the Advertising Standards Agency following a complaint lodged by the Priory owners,
- holding dozens of events including Race Nights with Clacton Rotary Club, quizzes, Garage Trail Sales, a Fun Dog Show and dances,
- and last but by no means least communicating via the St Osyth News magazine – many thanks to the editors for the opportunity.
All this has required considerable work and commitment. We have had some magnificent support from the community but it is true to say that we are now somewhat weary. We haven’t finished yet but we would welcome some new blood to inject some fresh ideas.
We have raised considerable funds from the events and are very grateful for the financial support we have received by way of donations small and large. However, crunch time is close as we are due to repay the substantial interest free loan which helped us to pay off the £52,000 legal costs paid last year. The audited accounts will be presented at the AGM.
Any resolutions or nominations, duly endorsed, for posts on the executive committee (Chairman, Vice Chairman/Events Organiser, Secretary, and Treasurer) should be sent to ‘SOS Secretary, 27 Mill Street’ or via email as below. These should arrive by Monday 26th February. Following the AGM there will be the opportunity for questions and an informal discussion on the current situation and future fund-raising events.
- Introduction by Chairman.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting – Tuesday 27th February 2017.
- Matters Arising from Minutes.
- Report of Treasurer and Presentation of Audited Accounts.
- Report of Secretary.
- Consideration of Resolutions.
- Resignation of the Current Committee.
- Election of Executive Committee for the coming year – Chairman, Vice Chairman/Events Organiser, Secretary, Treasurer.
There will be tea/coffee and biscuits and an informal discussion at the end of the AGM. We hope as many people as possible will be able to attend and demonstrate their on-going support and help plan for the future.
Meanwhile, we would welcome any donations to help reduce our debt. These should be sent to our treasure by post as below:
SOS Treasurer, No 1 The Bury, St Osyth, Essex CO16 8NY
Cheques should be made out to Save Our St Osyth.